Mar 25, 2013, 5:39 PM EDT
If you’re a fan of vintage tennis posters — or, you know, hot chicks — the you may be familiar with ‘Tennis Girl’. That’s the photo of 18-year-old Fiona Butler showing her mostly bare backside, shot by her boyfriend, Martin Elliott, and made into an iconic, best-selling poster in the 1970s.
Lauren Davis of the U.S. made somewhat of a recreation of that shot on Sunday during Day 7 of the Sony Open in Key Biscayne, Florida. She was stung by a wasp following the second set of her match against Alize Cornet of France.
Did you know there are more than 100,000 species of wasps, and that most feed on pest insects that are harmful to crops? Lauren Davis: not impressed.
The 19-year-old who trains at the Evert Academy in Boca Raton, insists the wasp sting did not have an effect on her 2-6, 6-3, 6-2 loss to Alize Cornet of France, but the heat could not have helped.
Davis was wheeled off the court in a wheelchair following the loss, which had more to do with the heat than the wasp. She says she’s fine now, however.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found