Mar 22, 2013, 4:22 PM EDT
Don’t those dual hair parts kind of resemble devil horns? Isn’t his trash-talking style kind of evil? Is his shot selection from the pit of hell? Yes, yes and yes. Every good story needs an antagonist, and the NCAA Basketball Tournament has theirs in Mississippi guard Marshall Henderson.
What we have here is not exactly the tater tot guy from the Sonic commercials — although I’d wager Henderson has been grounded a time or two. The Rebels’ bad boy scored 19 points on 6-for-21 shooting (1-for-11 in the first half) to “lead” Mississippi over No. 5 Wisconsin 57-46 today. (RIP your office pool bracket).
Henderson had three big 3-pointers, but what everyone is talking about is stuff like this:
As you may have guessed, Twitter is eating this up.
There's nothing like Marv Albert trying to understand the mind of Marshall Henderson.—
Awful Announcing (@awfulannouncing) March 22, 2013
Man that dude Henderson from Ol Miss got the greenest light in basketball history!! Hahaha.—
LeBron James (@KingJames) March 22, 2013
And Marshall Henderson is a total moronic idiot tool.7 for a billion and u r runnin yur mouth.Don't care if your team won.U r a complete wad—
Joel Peterson (@TheJCP3) March 22, 2013
Marshall Henderson looks like the kind of guy who set the trashcans in the school bathrooms on fire when he was a kid.—
William Kumi (@chillWill96) March 22, 2013
Is love to see Marshall Henderson miss the front end of a 1-1 to end Ole Miss' season.
Bryan Powers (@bryanpowers15) March 22, 2013
The only thing that would make Marshall Henderson better is of he just spoke in the third person like Rickey Henderson—
George Rowland (@georgerowland) March 22, 2013
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles