Mar 20, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
This video proves once again that great champions are made to order, not born. The Allen Americans of the Central Hockey League, a Double-A affiliate of the Dallas Stars, had their Fourth Annual McDonald’s Night at Allen Event Center in Allen, TX, recently. This of course called for McDonald’s-themed uniforms (later auctioned for charity), but in a bit of inspired genius, the team added a pregame speech by Ronald McDonald.
No doubt you recognize this as a variation of Herb Brooks’ speech in Miracle, and the only way it could have been better is if that had been Kurt Russell under the makeup. Yes, that would have been awesome.
Great YouTube commenter response:
Marie Sarkisian 15 hours ago
Looks like one guy doesn’t want to super size his heart. With hockey.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found