Mar 18, 2013, 2:08 PM EDT
The best thing about an entire college basketball team filing into a Best Buy would be the blue-shirted clerk at the front door having to give every one of them with the anti-shoplifting greeting, like they do with all customers. “Hello” (nods). “Hello” (nods). “Hello” (nods). “Hello” (nods) … and it would get hilarious when he got to the mascot.
So here we are at the Atlantic 10 Conference championship game at the Barclays Center in New York, where Saint Louis has just beaten Virginia Commonwealth, 62-56. After the requisite cutting down of the nets and all, the Billikens get on the bus headed to Tererboro Airport in Jersey… but then realize they won’t have time to get home in time to watch the NCAA selection show. So they did what you or I would do: cruise into the parking lot of a Best Buy, and go inside and watch the show on a bank of about 30 TVs.
Traffic has prevented us from getting to airport to see selection show, so yes, we are watching at a Best Buy in Jersey.—
SLU Men's Basketball (@SaintLouisMBB) March 17, 2013
They’re playing New Mexico State, who I assume watched the selection show at a Fry’s.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found