Former USA president Bill Clinton crashes Louisville celebration after win in Big East tournament (pictures)
Mar 16, 2013, 8:31 AM EST
After dispatching the Villanova Wildcats in the quarterfinal round of the Big East Tournament, the Louisville Cardinals men’s basketball team had a special guest in their locker room after the victory.
The 42nd President of the United States Bill Clinton stopped by to congratulate the team and thanks to the Louisville forward Chane Behanan along with CBS Sports Matt Norlander, the photographs of the meeting will live on forever.
Check out just some of the best photos from the former Commander-in-Chief hanging out with the players and head coach Rick Pitino post game:
For those of you wondering how the players reacted to meeting Mr. Clinton, here is just a small snippet of their opinions of him:
“We all love Bill Clinton,” Louisville guard Russ Smith said. “He walked in and it was like, ‘Ahhhhh!!! Bill Clinton!”
“We all approached him — very slowly,” Chane Behanan said. “He was telling us about becoming a president, how things were, traveling, and he talked to Gorgui (Dieng) about visiting Senegal, asked what city he (Dieng) was from. I thought I’d never meet a president. AN honor and a blessing.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found