Mar 14, 2013, 1:47 PM EST
Forget the new Pope: the world has moved on to the next big thing: the bacon shell taco. (Crowd in St. Peter’s Square cheers wildly). Yes, scientists or God (pick one) have finally invented a taco shell made entirely of bacon, and the only place one can get it is at West Michigan Whitecaps home games this coming season.
The Whitecaps, a Single-A Midwest League affiliate of the Detroit Tigers, call this treat the Baco — which was the top vote-getter in the team’s food contest to determine their next featured concession stand item at Fifth Third Ballpark. The Whitecaps have previously given us such hits as Chicks With Sticks (vegetables with hummus), the Declaration of Indigestion (a giant hot dog with all kinds of stuff on it) and the Fifth Third Burger (yikes).
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found