Mar 14, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Remember that play that basically killed off the replacement referees and sent most of the NFL into a ruckus, mostly directed at Roger Goodell, who has definitely started to look sadder over the years from all of his errors in commissionership.
But his biggest gaffe may have been his stubborn reluctance to work out a deal with the union referees that resulted in Green Bay losing an important division game and, more importantly, lost undefeated boxing champion Floyd Mayweather (who conveniently waited for Pacquiao to fall past his prime before never fighting him ever) $900,000 of the green bucks on the muffed call.
It’s a good thing it wasn’t Curtis Woodhouse who lost that money, that’s for sure. He probably would’ve ripped some heads off, or angrily stalked around a neighborhood, confused. Either or.
Says Business Insider:
On Wednesday night Mayweather was put on the spot on Jim Rome’s show when he was asked what his biggest gambling loss and win was. Mayweather said his biggest win was $1.1 or $1.2 million and that his biggest loss was about $1 million.
What was that loss?
“I lost when Green Bay … Seattle Seahawks threw the pass at the end. I lost 900 grand,” Mayweather told Rome.
Or, in the world of the legendary Pacman Jones, one regular old night at the ‘scrip’ club.
Good thing Mayweather’s worth an estimated $115 million though. So that makes things a little better I’d guess.
He got $32 million for his last fight. If you want to compare that to my life, my last fight got me thrown down a flight of stairs.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes, Orb finishes fourth
- Play Video: I'll Have Another wins the Preakness
- Play Video: Gary Stevens wins third Preakness
- Play Video: Shackleford holds off Animal Kingdom
- Play Video: Konig takes Stage 7, van Garderen retains overall lead
- Play Video: Carpenter wins Indy 500 pole