Do we really need to be reminded that basketball Gatorade showers are a bad idea? I guess we do (video)
Mar 13, 2013, 11:14 AM EDT
If you’re going to coach women’s college basketball, you have to expect a certain amount of hijinks and/or shenanigans. There’s no escaping it. But a Gatorade bath for the coach while he’s still on the court? That’s something new.
Of course the folks in attendance at this game in Nebraska didn’t seem to think it was all that funny. It happened after North Platte Community College’s 64-40 win over visiting Dakota College-at-Bottineau (N.D.) in the NJCAA district F national qualifying game on Sunday. It was more an assault than a celebration: the coach gets clobbered by the bucket, then slips on the Gatorade and crashes to the floor. Someone who rushes to help him also slips. Gasps from the crowd. Drive home safely, folks!
Actually there may not be a reason to drag the fine folks at Gatorade into this: the liquid looks like it may just be water.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found