Mar 12, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Yep, a hole-in-one. Only 43-year-old Mark Mihal didn’t score it in the conventional manner: it was Mark who went in the hole, and the ball that stayed on the fairway. It happened in Waterloo, Ill., when Mihal, who runs a fantasy golf site, fell into a sinkhole at the fairway of the 14th hole at the Annbriar Golf Course.
Mihal plummeted about 18 feet according to his wife, Lori. The other members of his foursome called an ambulance, and eventually extracted their pal after about twenty minutes with a ladder and some rope.
Lori Mihal said her husband, who’s always been claustrophobic, dislocated his shoulder in the fall and was unable to use one of his arms to try and climb out.
Meanwhile, in a somewhat related story …
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found