Mar 8, 2013, 12:07 PM EDT
Charles Barkley and Alec Baldwin recently filmed a commercial for Capital One that had Baldwin claiming to be a gladiator of bocce ball, ‘in his day’ as Barkley looks at him like he’s a insane person.
But I much preferred watching the outtake reel, where Baldwin and Sir Charles are put on the spot in an artificial bleacher environment, paid to say random stuff t0 each other until they nail a take.
And it’s pretty hilarious. Alec at one point reminds Charles that if he can hit his line they can all go out to lunch, prompting Charles to complain about the stress that is giving him, that sly smirk forever lingering.
At time it was a complete failure to communicate, and other times they were doing horrific improv. But it was kind of adorable, and the beauty of the modern age means they can take as many takes as they want to get one 30-second commercial clip. Unlimited do-overs. Kubrick’s dream. Not turrible.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Play Video: Chara bleeds after being struck by high-stick
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Still no media for Manti
- Play Video: An early whistle takes goal away from Kings
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins comeback to win Game 3
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks even series with Kings