Mar 4, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Usually when there’s a collision at the plate the catcher’s involved, and someone has the ball. Not in this case however. It happened at Berry College in Mount Berry, Ga., in a Div. III game against Hendrix College of Conway, Ark. Berry’s Levi Austin threw a wild pitch, and Conway’s Colin Radack sped down the line from third for what looked like an easy run.
One way to stop that, thought Austin: tackle the runner. And he showed nice form. Too bad this is baseball and not football. Austin was ejected from the game, and the runner was awarded home plate.
I guess Berry’s nickname is the Vikings for a reason.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
I cannot imagine what the Berry coach is arguing about with the umpire following this play: dude, your guy just tackled a runner without the ball.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found