Stephen Colbert speculates where the resigned Pope’s vestments will end up, and somehow the 49ers are involved
Mar 1, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT
Of course you know by now that you can wager on who will become the next Pope: there are more than a dozen gambling sites that will give you sweet action on the new Pontiff. One of the biggest, Paddy Power, has installed Cardinal Peter Turkson of Ghana as the favorite, at 5/2. (Pregame.com also has Turkson at 5/2).
We learn this from Thursday’s Colbert Report, in which Stephen Colbert also wondered what will happen to the vestments worn by Pope Benedict XVI, who resigned as of today. Colbert’s speculation: the vestments will be shipped to third-world countries, just like the T-shirts of losing Super Bowl squads (pictured).
As a 49ers fan, I am not amused.
Video caution: adult themes.
Colbert also imagined what the Pope’s retirement ceremony would look like. Would they raise his vestments to the rafters at the Vatican?
“Pope goes the weasel.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut