Mar 1, 2013, 7:04 PM EDT
The “Monster Cross and Mountain Bike race” at Pocahontas State Park in Virginia was rolling along smoothly for mountain bike racer Jeff Plassman.
Yeah, there were a lot of people in front of him but there were also a couple of people behind him too. That is, until he was knocked out by a deer that clearly forgot to look both ways before running through a bike race, once again cementing their title as non discretionary agents of chaos and confusion and nothing more.
In Jeff’s own words:
“I was just paying attention to where I was going and I heard somebody say something about a deer,” Plassman told CBS 6 in Richmond. “All of a sudden all I saw was fur, the sky and then the ground. It basically ran over me off of my front wheel. I got right up and I was okay. A lot of people were asking if I was okay, and I was. Just kind of a real surprise.”
Jeff managed to finish the race, clocking in at 3.5 hours. The deer, as far as we know, will continue on its path of destruction unharmed from the run in with the bicycle. Has it learned its lesson? NEVER.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games