Mar 1, 2013, 7:21 PM EDT
As you may have read here on Thursday, Adidas has come up with new men’s basketball uniforms for March Madness, which presumably will be worn by a handful of teams, among them Kansas. Colorful, no? Coach Bill Self said the Jayhawks will wear them “for one or two games” during the Big 12 Tournament.
But not if Jayhawks’ fans have anything to say about it.
But apparently the petition has been taken down — something about violating the White House Petitions terms of service. Jayhawks fans, were you being naughty over there? (Wags finger).
“We agreed with Adidas several months ago to sport that uniform as part of their marketing campaign in the Big 12 Tournament,” Self said Thursday during a press conference. “Now, how much we wear them in the Big 12 tournament will probably depend on how we play in them.”
So it looks like the Fruit Stripe Gum look cannot be stopped, at least for a couple of games.
My question: how were these unis not designed by Will Ferrell?
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found