Feb 27, 2013, 12:22 PM EDT
One of the Milwaukee Brewers Racing Sausages has been kidnapped.
As cops scramble toward patrol cars and helicopters, a local mustard company is also snapping into action: offering a year’s supply of their product to the person who returns the sausage unharmed. Meanwhile, the AWOL sausage has been spotted bar-hopping in a nearby town.
Note: all of this is true.
It’s probably not actually a kidnapping, per se, but a theft. And whoever has the costume has been spotted bar-hopping in Cedarburg, Wis., which is just a few miles north of Miller Park on highway 43. The boozing weiner has been identified as Guido, the Italian Sausage entry in the popular Klement’s Racing Sausages attraction at Milwaukee Brewers games (pictured above, far left).
Mustard Girl All American Mustards is offering a year’s supply of mustard to whoever returns the Guido costume.
It all started at the Cedarburg Winter Festival, where Guido was appearing. (Apparently all the Racing Sausages are available to rent during the off season, which is a shock to me). But Guido’s costume was apparently stolen during the event. Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:
The 7-foot-long weenie was being stored in a back room at the Milwaukee Curling Club’s new Cedarburg location during a fundraiser on Feb. 16 with beer-tasting and curling, and a witness saw the sausage walk out of the south door about 7:45 p.m., Cedarburg police Detective Jeff Vahsholtz said Wednesday. The Italian walked into TJ Ryan’s in Cedarburg an hour later and also made an appearance around midnight at The Roadhouse Bar and Grill.
“We thought it was funny at the time,” Vahsholtz said. “Now we’re just hoping someone returns it.”
Because I love mustard, I mounted a search myself, but all I found was this:
The Portland Beaver approves.
Fun fact: The Guido costume cost $3,000, according to the Brewers.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Play Video: Sagan wins Stage 8 of Tour of California
- Play Video: Pujols losing battle with Father Time?
- Play Video: National anthems gone wrong
- Play Video: Craig Adams lays out Spezza in OT
- Play Video: Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes, Orb finishes fourth
- Play Video: Highlights: Senators win double overtime thriller