Feb 27, 2013, 8:16 PM EDT
This is either very said (as in, only three season tickets sold this season) or very impressive (as in, very tiny names). And in fact it’s the latter, as the MLS Colorado Rapids will wear jerseys this coming season that include the names of all their season ticket holders on each shirt.
And not only that, but the fan-name jerseys will be their primary kit — while the Colorado state flag will be featured on the alternate jerseys.
“With our new alternate jerseys featuring the Colorado state flag, and our primary kits including the names of our season-ticket holders, we want to recognize our fans and our state for their passion and support over the last 18 years,” said Rapids president Tim Hinchey in a club statement.
Now when a Colorado player scores a goal, all of their season ticket holders score a goal. And when a player flops, those season ticket holders flop. That’s a lot of red cards.
It’s not the first time something like this has been done, by the way. Last year a Spanish La Liga soccer team printed the names of 25 of its fans inside the numerals of its players jerseys.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found