Feb 27, 2013, 10:06 AM EDT
The Washington Nationals’ most famous racing president, Teddy Roosevelt, (sorry Lincoln) is getting his own baseball card, Topps has announced. But all is not as it seems, as you can see by the example below.
Here’s the card below, purportedly showing Teddy grabbing his first-ever win in the Nationals’ Presidents Race. But something is amiss.
As you can see by comparing the lead photo of this post with the photo of the card above, they are photos of two different races. The photo depicted on the Topps card appears to be that of another, later race that Teddy won, not his first victory (compare the hands in the two photos). Teddy Roosevelt Truthers were bound to figure this out eventually, so it’s better that you know now.
Actually D.C. Sport Bog’s Dan Steinberg figured this whole thing out, and you can read his analysis here.
All of this fuss over Teddy Roosevelt must really be annoying Lincoln, who is fresh from a defeat in the Best Picture category at the Oscars. But at least he hasn’t lost a race to a giant Ben Affleck racing mascot. Yet.
Of course, this isn’t Teddy Roosevelt’s first Topps card. Nope. Check this out.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead