Feb 27, 2013, 3:13 PM EDT
It’s starting to look like the besleeved basketball jersey look the Golden State Warriors broke out last week will be more than a funky flash in the pan.
Adidas Vice President Lawrence Norman confirmed today that the NCAA tournament will feature a handful of teams that will unveil their own brand of revolutionary bicep hiding basketball t-shirts that have been implemented by an Adidas higher-ups who despise looking at armpit hair (I assume).
Says Sports Business Daily:
Adidas VP/Global Basketball Lawrence Norman confirmed that some teams during March Madness will be wearing short-sleeve jerseys similar to those worn recently by the Warriors, but would not specify which schools.
“We are still working on teams, but it will be a very innovative story,” Norman said. No. 10-ranked Louisville has been told that it will be one of eight men’s basketball teams to wear specially designed jerseys during the postseason and that an announcement is tentatively planned for later this week.
Teams that we know will not be bowing in to Adidas peer pressuring? Michigan and N.C. State. Good on you guys.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Play Video: Sagan wins Stage 8 of Tour of California
- Play Video: Craig Adams lays out Spezza in OT
- Play Video: Highlights: Senators win double overtime thriller
- Play Video: Boychuk gives Bruins lead in Game 2
- Play Video: Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes, Orb finishes fourth
- Play Video: van Garderen wins Tour of California