Today in mascot effrontery: Toronto Raptor flirts with Rachel McAdams; Miami Heat mascot licks Shaq (video)
Feb 26, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
We don’t mean to imply that these mascots engaged in any activity other than good, wholesome, family fun (somebody hose them down).
It happened on Monday night, when Canadian-born Rachel McAdams (Midnight in Paris) was proposed to by The Raptor, Toronto’s NBA dinosaur mascot. Added touch: a dozen roses, and a slobbery kiss. But if raptors were this smooth with the ladies, why are they extinct? The answer is shrouded in mystery.
By the way, this is still one of my favorite mascot videos ever:
Of course a couple of weeks ago in Miami, this happened:
Go home mascots, you’re drunk.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- Play Video: Highlights: Burkman shocks Fitch
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?