Feb 25, 2013, 10:08 AM EDT
It was UC Riverside at Sacramento State on Friday, the first of a four-game series, and the teams wasted no time getting into the swing of the season. UC Riverside’s Eddie Young gets caught in a run down, and as he’s being tagged out when tagged out by Sacramento State’s second baseman Andrew Ayers, Young appears to grab Ayers’ glove. Hey, hands off the merchandise.
Notice the punch that knocks off the guy’s glasses, but does little else.
“The players collided during the rundown play,” said Sac State head coach Reggie Christiansen. “Our guy tagged the (Riverside) guy and he looked like he pushed Ayers back a little. Ayers reacted the way he should have. I didn’t think he did anything wrong and Riverside retaliated. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a little bit of a melee, but that’s baseball; it happens sometimes.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found