Feb 24, 2013, 10:31 AM EDT
You know the first rule about cheerleader fight club? Well, I don’t either but a rather bizarre story from Southern California put one cheerleading coach in hot water after it was alleged that the coach told two of her cheerleaders to fight each other.
A Palisades Charter High School junior by the name of Cimone Holloway said that she and another cheerleader were arguing over a male student back in January and her cheerleading coach (not named in the report) told the two to settle their differences in a fight:
“I’ve never been in a fight in my life. I didn’t want to fight,” Holloway insisted. But Cimone said the coach insisted that they settle their differences physically.
She claims the coach put on music and moved a desk, and then the punching began.
“Another cheerleader broke up the fight. I thought that it was over and the coach said, ‘Do you guys want to go another round?” Cimone recalled to KTLA. “In that fight, I tripped over my foot and was on the floor and she was on top of me and again punching me. And sometime during that fight, she kicked me in the forehead.”
She said that she was forced to sit out the game, humiliated, and with bruises, swelling and scratches. She claims her coach asked her to lie to her mother about what happened. “She told the other girls, as they were getting dressed for the game, to pinky-swear not to tell anybody outside of the team,” she said.
The dreaded pinky-swear! Since the incident, the cheerleading coach has been suspended by the school and is still pleading her innocence by stating that Cimone was injured after she was accidentally elbowed.
In regards to Cimone, she has transferred to a different school and hopefully will not be part of any cheerleading fights anytime soon:
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final