Feb 23, 2013, 8:28 AM EST
If you happen to be looking for exhibit A of bad sportsmanship in soccer, you just need to check out this clip from a Peruvian soccer match between Cesar Vallejo and Union Comercio from last weekend.
With Union down by the score of 2-1, Union goalie Juan Flores made an initial save against a shot by a Cesar Vallejo player at the 34th minute but ultimately lost possession of the ball as he passed out on the ground.
While Flores was down for the count, a Union defender attempted to clear the ball but Vallejo striker Piero Alva took advantage of the play by using his feet to deflect the ball into the empty goal:
The game ended with a 3-1 Vallejo victory and Flores had some harsh words for Alva’s unsportsmanlike play:
“I thought about hitting him and retiring from football”, said Flores.
Soccer goalie gets scored on after passing out [Beer Mug Sports]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found