Feb 22, 2013, 1:17 PM EDT
I’m no expert on rowing, but since when does the guy in the back of the boat abandon his oars and run to the front of the boat? You don’t see that in crew. It happened at the Piha Big Wave Classic in New Zealand recently, when the boat from the Orewa Thunder crew collided with another boat, and all kind of mayhem ensued. Cue Celine Dion song.
As far as I can tell this competition is like crew, only with bigger boats, and waves. And of course crashes. Fact: Crew would be a much more popular sport if there were crashes and the occasional threat of sharks.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found