Feb 22, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
“Oh, really?” you say, “Another basketball trick shot video?” But this one’s different. Ashlee Arnau is a cheerleader at William Carey University in Hattiesburg, MS, and also a member of the school’s soccer team. And if there is ever a hall of fame that combines cheerleadering and basketball trick shots, she will be the first and possibly only inductee.
Behold her incredible, acrobatic, front-flip half-court shot. Try that in a game of Horse.
“I really don’t practice at all,” Arnau told the AP in a phone interview.
She said she has been trying the shot during halftime of home basketball games all season, but this was the first time she made it on her home floor.
She said she usually tries it about four or five times during the halftime show. She nailed it on her fifth attempt Thursday night — during the last home game of the season.
“Everyone was going crazy,” said Arnau, a junior who said she is studying to be a nurse. “They were cheering my name.”
Yes they were, Ashlee. Yes they were.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found