Jose Canseco’s theories on gravity make prominent scientist’s head explode … as always, hilarity results
Feb 20, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT
There are probably no set of words both more frightening and fraught with potential hilarity than the ones directly below:
Yes, Jose Canseco is back to throw down more Twitter knowledge, and this time the subjects are planetary science and zoology. In another of his infamous Twitter rants on Tuesday, Canseco offered up his theory on why dinosaurs were so much bigger than modern animals. A couple of examples:
But when scientist and educator Bill Nye got wind of Canseco’s theories, he couldn’t resist shooting off an email to the Huffington Post conveying his dismay. Nye, of course, is better known as “Bill Nye the Science Guy” for his television work as a science educator. Nye:
His nickname in Major League Baseball was “The Chemist,” because he was so knowledgeable in the chemistry of performance enhancing drugs and making musculature go big. Reading his recent tweets about the remarkable size of the ancient dinosaurs … it doesn’t sound (read) as though he’s especially fluent in physics. This fills me with either joy or dismay depending on what social media messages he provides us with next. Either he’s in on the joke and is just throwing us all a curve ball with plenty of break, or we as a society have failed him completely with regard to the fundamentals of planetary science.
Like me, Nye isn’t quite sure whether Canseco is on the level with his tweets, or simply putting us on as a ploy for publicity. I lean toward the former, being of the mind that if he was making this up, it would be some of the most brilliant comedy writing since Your Show of Shows. If he is playing us, he’s missed his calling.
But you be the judge:
What’s that you say? A meteorite impact killed off the dinosaurs, and not gravity? Sorry — Canseco doesn’t believe in meteors.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy