Feb 18, 2013, 11:12 AM EDT
Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield did a promotional event for Holyfield’s Real Deal barbecue sauce at a Chicago grocery store Saturday, and does anyone else see the irony here? No? OK then we’ll move on.
It wasn’t the first time the two had met since their infamous 1997 heavyweight bout, in which Tyson chomped off part of Holyfield’s ear. They officially reunited on Oprah Winfrey’s show in 2009.
Saturday’s meeting was a surprise for Holyfield, however. Tyson was in town for his one-man show, and just decided to show up at the supermarket promotion. Business Insider:
[Tyson] says he “just wanted to see Evander” and that “I love” him.
“It sent a message and let the world know that two fighters can come and forgive each other and move on for the best and the world can do the same thing,” Holyfield said the next day, promoting his barbecue sauce Sunday at Jewel’s 1220 S. Ashland Ave. location. “Everyone knows we were archrivals and all that, but when all is said and done, I forgave him and he forgave himself. Here’s a man who changed his life and changed my life, and that’s the way the world is supposed to be.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found