Feb 17, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Yesterday, Major League Baseball’s Tampa Bay Rays released their promotional schedule for the upcoming 2013 season and outside of the usual Family Fun Days and Evan Longoria wall cling night, there was one promotional night that stood out above the rest.
On April 24th, when the Rays host the New York Yankees, the first 10,000 fans through the gates of Tropicana field will get a free “Joe Maddon gnome bobblehead” to take home with them.
Below is a photo of the gnome and clearly, it might be the stuff that nightmare fuel is made of:
When reached for comment about the gnome giveaway, Maddon wasn’t sure how to describe the honor:
“It’s somewhat overwhelming to be characterized in gnomedom like that. It’s really difficult to describe that feeling that someone has at that moment. I’m pleased, I’m honored, I’m humbled by the entire event. And hopefully I won’t scare too many kids.”
Joe Maddon gnome bobblehead night looks interesting [Bush League Chronicle]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona