Feb 17, 2013, 8:32 AM EDT
Back on Friday, a minor league hockey game between the ECHL’s Cincinnati Cyclones and the Trenton Titans saw one of the strangest goalie scores of all-time.
With about forty seconds to go in the first period, Cyclones goalie Brian Foster makes a simple save which then triggers a rather strange moment. The Titans had pulled their goalie to gain a man-advantage on offense but due to an errant pass by a Trenton player, the puck ended up going to the other end and landing in the goal.
Due to the scoring rules of hockey for own goals, the last Cyclone player to touch the puck gets credited with the goal and Foster being the last Cincinnati player to touch the puck got his first goal of his career:
Fun fact: In the history of the ECHL, it was the 11th goalie score in the minor league’s twenty-five year history.
ECHL goalie scores bizarre goal [DieHard Sport]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car