Feb 17, 2013, 10:20 AM EST
Some baseball umpires are very enthusiastic about making certain calls and a couple of days ago, one college baseball umpire’s call sent him down for the count.
The moment came in the sixth inning of the opening game from #9-ranked Florida State against the University of Rhode Island as Florida State’s outfielder Marcus Davis was at the plate.
Davis ended up getting hit by the pitch thrown by URI’s Brad Applin and was awarded first base by the home plate umpire. As the umpire went to firmly make his call, he loses balance and falls to the ground:
Florida State would go onto win the game by the score of 11-5 and the umpire will be on blooper reels for years to come.
Ump eats it during Florida State/Rhode Island game [Beer Mug Sports]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found