Feb 15, 2013, 6:28 PM EDT
Are you familiar with Slylock Fox, the newspaper comics feature which includes a section in which you pick out the subtle differences between two nearly identical photo panels? “Chair only has three legs!” “Cloud is missing!” Fun for the entire family. To answer your next question, newspapers were flat, crinkly things with information written in ink.
And now the Minnesota Vikings are getting in on the fun with their new, “updated” logo. Can you spot the differences? The old logo is on the left.
First of all, I see that Viking’s wife got tired of braiding his hair, and downgraded to six knots instead of 10. Of course if they really wanted to upgrade the logo and make it more believable, they could have eliminated the horns. As you know, actual vikings’ helmets never included horns: the accoutrements were thought up by opera costume designers, and the look caught on.
Anyway, I’m sure this new logo will make all the difference in the NFC North, just as the Detroit Lions’ new logo did.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: National anthems gone wrong
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Who is the best free agent left on the market?
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Pujols losing battle with Father Time?