Feb 14, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
This scene won’t surprise anyone who is familiar with Canberra, as the Australian capital has had an ongoing issue with its large and boisterous population of eastern gray kangaroos for many years now. Someone even made a documentary about it, and it should surprise no one that any group of animals referred to as a “mob” might cause trouble on a golf course.
Here we are at the ISPS Handa Australian Open at Royal Canberra Golf Club today, as Karrie Webb waits for the kangaroos to clear the fairway (I hate when that happens) during the tourney’s opening round. A closer look:
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel
- Play Video: Sagan wins Stage 8 of Tour of California
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Pujols losing battle with Father Time?
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: National anthems gone wrong