Feb 13, 2013, 3:48 PM EDT
So are you excited about soccer yet? Fox Sports is banking on some new eyeballs watching the Manchester United vs. Real Madrid UEFA Champions League showdown today, as excitable hoops talking head Gus Johnson makes his futbol broadcasting debut. It’s halftime as I type this, and Gus has had a chance to call two goals — it’s 1-1.
How’s he doing? I’m no huge soccer fan, but I’m liking it … he’s bringing a touch of excitement without going overboard. “Ronaldo turns, fires!” Of course, if you can’t make Man U.-Real Madrid interesting, there is no hope for you as a soccer announcer.
Anyway, as with all things, Twitter has the final word. Let’s check the verdict on Gus so far.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights