Feb 13, 2013, 11:18 AM EDT
Well, this will look good on his resume. Perhaps not realizing that YouTube videos stick to the Internet forever, a Farmington Senior High School (MN) goalie made his last high school hockey appearance a memorable one. It was a game between Farmington and Chaska High School, when the goalie suddenly whacked the puck into his own net, the gave his own coaches the finger before leaving the ice. Making an obscene gesture right beneath the American flag? Classy.
According to Twitter reports, the goalie is a senior, and was hot happy that a sophomore yad been starting ahead of him all season. It was Senior Night, so he got to play … and then had his little (most likely planned) tantrum.
Oh, and that own goal ended up being the difference in Chaska’s 3-2 win. There’s plenty of backstory here, if you’re so inclined.
As hockey exits go, however, this still only gets the silver.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found