Feb 12, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
Yep, I love me some rugby, and the Six Nations is my favorite. The same can be said for David North, whose son George plays halfback for Wales. George North had just scored a try against France on Monday when a not-unusual thing happened: a fan rushed the field to try to congratulate him.
“My back was turned and I was jogging back to the halfway line for the kick-off. I was oblivious to it. A couple of the boys were saying, ‘Is that your old man?’ And everyone was like, ‘No, it can’t be’.”
“It was such an important game for the team and I know first hand how hard they have been working to get that victory. Before I knew it, I was on the pitch.
“Thinking back, I know it was a silly thing to do but I just got caught up in the excitement of it all.”
Former Wales centre Tom Shanklin said: “It just shows that George’s dad is a mad fan like all Welsh fans, really.”
Could this start a trend? Joe Flacco throws a touchdown pass, and his parents run into the end zone to congratulate him? That would be cool.
Also, NFL please note the length the of the pylon below. What would be so terrible about doing that for football? Might eliminate some guesswork on close scoring plays.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found