Feb 11, 2013, 5:08 PM EDT
And I’d imagine the meeting that spawned this idea included someone loudly declaring “We’d be idiots not to do this!” Noting that its annual swimsuit edition (it hits stands on Tuesday) is the most talked-about, best-selling issue of the year, Sports Illustrated has started SwimDaily.com, which is almost entirely about their swimsuit edition. Question: what took them so long?
The site is a cornucopia of Safe For Work (depending on where you work) swimsuit photos and videos, and articles about swimsuits (because I know you’ll only go there for the articles).
The navigation bar at the top has the following categories: Home, Q&A, Photos, Video, Style, and Kate Upton. Come to think of it, every web site needs a Kate Upton section, wouldn’t you say? And yep, that’s Katherine Webb pictured on their front page, there.
I can actually hear American work productivity plummet as I type this. Bookmark function, engage.
Here’s the description from the site:
While it’s easy to think of the issue–which drops this week–as a once-a-year phenomenon, the work behind it consumes the entire calendar year. The lives of the models, editors, and photographers; the fashion, beauty, and travel behind each shoot; these and many other topics will form the backbone of SwimDaily.com, our newest launch. Stop by and you’ll find everything from exclusive shoots to relationship advice to Q & A sessions with the models.
Fans of actual competitive swimming will likely be disappointed by this, as there doesn’t seem to be a lot of that type of coverage. Coverage — see what I did there?
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found