Feb 11, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
On second thought, the 49ers don’t really need another kicker who can miss field goals wide left. Bill Murray tried field goal kicking during the Pebble Beach National Pro-Am on Saturday, with the hold by ex-49ers lineman Harris Barton, and shanked the kick pretty badly. His golf game wasn’t much better — he and playing partner D.A. Points missed the cut, so were off the stage on Sunday.
But Murray’s motor was in fine form otherwise, as he remains possibly the highlight attraction at Pebble. There’s no doubt Murray loves this event — he wouldn’t generate this degree of reckless abandon year after year if it weren’t being driven by passion — and the fans love him back. Here’s a photo gallery of 2013 Pebble Beach Murray antics.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found