Feb 10, 2013, 8:31 AM EDT
Let me set the scene on this buzzer beater: Kealakehe (Hawaii) high school boy’s basketball team was up by the score of 42-39 on Wednesday night against Hawaii Prep.
With only three seconds remaining, Hawaii Prep was looking for a miracle to tie the score and send the game into an overtime period.
That’s when senior guard Jovan Crnic took the inbounds pass from half-court and heaved up a prayer over two Kealakehe defenders which ended up going straight through the hoop:
Hawaii Prep would win the game by the score of 55-54 in double overtime and Crnic had a game-high 28 points.
Hawaii Prep edges Kealakehe [Hawaii Tribune-Herald]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL