Feb 10, 2013, 2:21 PM EST
In the world of television and movies, sometimes a stunt double is used to fill in for a star when a stunt needs to be accomplished or to fill in for certain shots.
Earlier in the week, soccer star David Beckham’s new viral commercial for H&M underwear shot by director Guy Ritchie was released to the public and below is the video in its entirety:
The “butt double” controversy started when some viewers of the commercial pointed out that a couple of the shots of Beckham from behind didn’t show a certain tattoo.
After the Twitterverse and Internet was flooded with questions that if a stunt butt was used, the folks over at H&M came clean by stating that they did indeed use a stunt double in certain shots:
A rep for H&M confirmed to TODAY.com that Beckham indeed used a bootie double: “David was very involved in the advert, including doing most of the stunts. Due to his tight schedule, a body double was used in smaller parts of the video.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found