Feb 8, 2013, 3:16 PM EST
Illinois had just shocked No. 1 Indiana on a buzzer-beating layin, and Illini coach John Groce celebrated the moment with his son, Conner. Kudos to Getty photographer Joe Robbins.
That game-winning inbounds play never would have happened, by the way, if the Hoosiers had heeded the words of Shooter Flatch, aka Dennis Hopper, in their movie namesake:
“Don’t get caught watching the paint dry.”
That’s what happened here. Bobby Knight is rolling over in his grave, and he’s in great health so that’s pretty bad.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found