There Will Be Blood: Condoleezza Rice clobbers spectator with shot at Pebble Beach (spectator is OK)
Feb 8, 2013, 1:34 PM EDT
The bad news is that Condoleezza Rice nailed a spectator in the forehead with a golf shot during Friday’s action in the Pebble Beach National Pro-Am. The good news is that we’ve finally located those weapons of mass destruction.
On the par-5 sixth hole, which features a blind approach to the uphill green, Rice’s second shot landed on the side of the hill. After she advanced it several yards with her third, her fourth shot flew out of the grabby grass and hit a spectator standing behind the left gallery rope.
“Did I hit you?” Rice said, moving quickly to reach the woman, who had a bloody gash above the bridge of her nose. Her daughter was trying to use a pairings sheet as a bandage. “It was a bad shot. I’m really sorry.”
The woman seemed to be OK, however: The Associated Press reported that she did not need stitches, and she was seen walking the course afterwards.
But now, let’s watch Chris Berman try to get out of a bunker. Rumblin’ bumblin’ stumblin’ …
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona