Feb 8, 2013, 11:18 AM EDT
Brett Keisel’s beard is no more. The Steelers’ defensive end, who had sported perhaps the most iconic sports beard since Teen Wolf, shaved it off for charity on Thursday. It was the annual Shear Da Beard event at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center that benefits cancer programs at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh.
Steelers’ coach Mike Tomlin, who helped shave the beard (it took four people), was a bit wistful.
“I like him with the beard. I think it’s his natural state. I think this thing has taken off and given him the opportunity to do what he probably likes to do anyway, which is not shave. He is a larger than life character and I think the beard fits his personality.”
Top remaining beards:
Markus Peintner (Austrian men’s national team).
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: National anthems gone wrong
- Play Video: Sagan wins Stage 8 of Tour of California
- Play Video: Pujols losing battle with Father Time?
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3