Feb 8, 2013, 11:18 AM EDT
Brett Keisel’s beard is no more. The Steelers’ defensive end, who had sported perhaps the most iconic sports beard since Teen Wolf, shaved it off for charity on Thursday. It was the annual Shear Da Beard event at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center that benefits cancer programs at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh.
Steelers’ coach Mike Tomlin, who helped shave the beard (it took four people), was a bit wistful.
“I like him with the beard. I think it’s his natural state. I think this thing has taken off and given him the opportunity to do what he probably likes to do anyway, which is not shave. He is a larger than life character and I think the beard fits his personality.”
Top remaining beards:
Markus Peintner (Austrian men’s national team).
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found