Feb 8, 2013, 4:29 PM EST
The 2013 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition — 50th anniversary! — hits the stands next week, and the new cover wasn’t supposed to be released until Monday. But Fashion Copious got a sneak peak at it, and lo and behold, it’s Kate Upton again!
Upton, as you recall, was the Swimsuit Edition cover model last year as well. Impressive, if this is the cover. But it wouldn’t be a record. Christie Brinkley (1979-81) and Elle McPherson (1986-88) each appeared on three straight SI Swimsuit covers.
Looking at the cover, however, I’m thinking that it may only be one of seven. The SI photo shoot took place on all seven continents for the 2013 issue, and the cover linked here with Upton on it has the headline ‘Antarctica’. Which leads me to believe that there may be six others, possibly each with different models. Kind of like they do with TV Guide. Just a guess.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found