Feb 8, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Kaitlyn Collins is a former cheerleader for the Green Bay Packers, and also for the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, where she attended school. That was in 2009. But on Monday evening on the Chicago Bears Facebook fan page, a Bears fan posted her cheerleading picture and made some unflattering remarks about her looks: “Like If You Agree The Packers Have The Worst Cheerleaders In The NFL!” Other Bears fans joined in on the abuse.
Online sports message boards: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, as Obi Wan once said.
But when Collins found out about it, she posted this YouTube video urging viewers to fight back against “cyber bullying”:
On Thursday the Bears Facebook page had taken down her picture, offering this statement:
“The picture of the Green Bay Cheerleader has been removed. For everyone on this page. We do not condone or encourage bullying. We would like to ask that you keep it classy. We understand you are hard core fans, but there’s no need for bullying. We apologize for any hard feelings and encourage everyone to keep this page as a fun experience.”
Collins, on Facebook on Wednesday:
“So blessed to have such wonderful friends and family standing behind me and backing me up. No matter how strong and confident a person can appear, we are still human and negativity does affect us. We can stay strong and stand tall or we can crumble. I am choosing to stand against these bullies.”
I guess you’ve been put on notice, cyber jerks. Do not mess with Wisconsin girls.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles