Feb 8, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
As far as his chest tattoos go, Colin Kaepernick has hung the no vacancy sign. There’s no more room. The picture you see here is how his chest looked during the season. But the 49ers’ quarterback made more plans for that region, and now it looks like this.
It happened at Humble Beginnings Tattoo in San Jose, where artist Orly Locquiao wrote on his Facebook page: “Tattooed Kap till 2:30 in the mornin’. Did a piece for him to represent his family, inner strength, spiritual growth, and humility. Thanks again Kap for the collab with Cukui Clothing Company – Orly”
That’s the clothing company Locquiao also owns that has a line of clothing based on Kapernick’s tattoos.
Call me crazy, but I don’t really spend a lot of time thinking about Kaepernick’s tattoos: it’s not like he’s an Olympic swimmer and I have to look at them. If they please him, that’s cool. But some apparently don’t share this view.
David Whitley of the Sporting News criticized Kaepernick’s tattoos in a post for the Sporting News during the season, noting that most prison inmates also have tattoos. That article helped spawn ‘Kapernicking’, in which Kaepernick kisses his bicep tattoo after scoring touchdowns.
“That kind of came about from that article,” Kaepernick said in an interview before the Super Bowl. “Just kind of showing that I love my tattoos regardless of what people think.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- Play Video: Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes, Orb finishes fourth
- Play Video: I'll Have Another wins the Preakness
- Play Video: Konig takes Stage 7, van Garderen retains overall lead
- Play Video: Gary Stevens wins third Preakness
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Staal in agony after knee-on-knee hit