Feb 6, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Myles Crosby, 18, is the 11th-ranked male model in the world, according to Models.com — having posed for Calvin Klein in magazines such as Esquire, GQ and Vanity Fair. The Colleyville, Texas senior could “easily make a six-figure salary” as an international model, said Gerald Frankowski of the Kim Dawson Agency. But he’s giving it all up to play college football.
Crosby, who played safety at Colleyville Heritage High this past season, is expected to sign a national letter of intent with SMU today.
“I’m told I’m so stupid by every single person,” Crosby said. “That every single person in my shoes should drop out of school now and go make the money.”
Football has always come first for Crosby, who even skipped a fashion show in Milan last year so as not to miss a game.
“I have a passion for football and I want an education,” Crosby said. “This modeling crap could only last another year and then I’d have no education and never get to play football. I’d regret it for the rest of my life.”
Last season Crosby had 108 tackles, 13 pass breakups and two forced fumbles and was an AP Class 5A Honorable Mention All-State selection.
Crosby’s modeling career began when he was 16. His mom, Vera, a fashion photographer, took a picture of him playing basketball and sent it to a modeling agency. They called backl right away and invited him in for an interview.
At first Myles didn’t want to do it, but his mom convinced him to hear them out, then make his own decision. He signed on, and quickly became one of the country’s most popular male models.
But football was always his first love. Crosby:
“The modeling thing happened so randomly. I’m just trying to make as much as I can before college. Football is going to be my job when I’m there.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'