Feb 6, 2013, 12:37 PM EDT
JAY CUTLER: “Kristin, will you marry me?”
(Three business days elapse).
UPS DRIVER: “Sign here, please.”
KRISTIN CAVALLARI: “Yes!”
According to Ms. Cavallari, that’s how Jay Cutler proposed to her the second time, back in 2011. That’s when, smooth romantic operator that he is, the Bears quarterback sent her an engagement ring in the mail. E! Online had the story on Tuesday. Cavallari:
“It was so silly. I was in the airport, leaving Chicago. We had just spent however many days together and we were texting and somehow it came up, like, ‘Oh, shall we get married?’ We’re like, ‘Yeah, OK.’ And then he sent my ring in the mail. So I actually had my ring sitting at home for a couple of weeks before I put it on.”
Trusting your future happiness to the U.S. Postal Service? Gutsy move. That ring could be sitting in Newman’s apartment right now.
As you know, Cutler and Cavallari have been engaged since 2011, and are planning to wed this year (their first child was born in August, 2012). They had originally become engaged in April of 2011, then called things off in July, then got together again in November. So the second time, according to Cavallari, Cutler proposed by text message, and mailed her the ring. Cavallari says they’re getting married this year, and they’ve set the date: although they haven’t told anyone what that is.
So now every time the mailman comes up the walk, every little girl will sigh and think of her perfect storybook wedding.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months
- Play Video: Spurs take a commanding 2-0 lead
- Play Video: Vikings enhance home-field advantage
- Play Video: An early whistle takes goal away from Kings
- Play Video: Kerr: LeBron vs. Jordan comes down to rings
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks even series with Kings
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe