Feb 6, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
What, no flop? It happened during Argentina’s international friendly with Sweden in Stockholm today, where soccer fans have a bit of a different definition of ‘friendly’ than in other parts of the world. So dude runs onto the field and kisses Lionel Messi on the head, then tousles his hair, before being hauled off by security. What will they charge him with? Treating one of the best players in the history of soccer like an eight-year-old who just got an ‘A’ on his report card?
Anyway, Messi didn’t seem to mind very much.
It all just reinforces the idea I first proposed about five years ago: it’s time for moats at soccer stadiums, filled with electric eels. That won’t solve the fan invasion problem: I’d just like to see that.
Argentina won 3-2.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found