Feb 6, 2013, 6:20 PM EST
The funny part is that, technically, Armstrong used PEDs to win this award, too.
Forbes magazine came out with its list of most disliked athletes on Tuesday, and as expected, Lance Armstrong topped the field, with a 15 percent approval rating in the poll calculated by Nielsen and E-Poll Market Research. Notre Dame linebacker and Catfish enthusiast Manti Te’o also had 15 percent, but was dropped to second place because of Armstrong’s higher name recognition.
No. 3 was an oldie but a goodie: Tiger Woods, at 19 percent. Last year’s winner, Michael Vick, slipped to No. 7 in 2013, with 23 percent. He had a whopping 60 percent disapproval rating in 2012.
The entire top ten:
1. Lance Armstrong, bike bully (15 percent approval).
2. Manti Te’o, imaginary friend wrangler (15 percent).
3. Tiger Woods, still in the rough (19 percent).
4. Jay Cutler, Postmaster of Love (21 percent).
5. Metta World Peace, the artist formerly known as Ron Artest (21 percent).
6. Alex Rodriguez, centaur of the Yankees infield (22 percent).
7. Michael Vick, life’s chew toy (23 percent).
8. Kurt Busch, yes I do own the whole damn road (27 percent).
9. Kobe Bryant, assist machine (27 percent).
10. Tony Romo, I have no idea how I got on this list (27 percent).
Hmm. No Ray Lewis?
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found