Feb 5, 2013, 1:22 PM EST
The good news: Sports Illustrated will unveil its Swimsuit Edition cover model on Monday. The bad news: she may be wearing a parka. Yep, SI says that it spent a portion of its Swimsuit Edition photo shoot in Antarctica, a first for the magazine, where temperatures “were sub-freezing.”
SI models visited all seven continents for the issue, which comes out on Feb. 12. It’s all documented in the one-hour Travel Channel special, Sports Illustrated: The Making of Swimsuit ’13 – 7 Continents, 17 Wonders, on Sunday, February 17 (8 p.m. ET/PT, as if you didn’t know).
And .. we have our first leaked image. From Bob’s Blitz, here’s Emily DiDonato in Namibia, Africa taken by Kayt Jones/Sports Illustrated.
Among the locations featured are Namibia, China, Australia and Easter Island, one of the most remote places on Earth.
Swimsuit magazine editor MJ Day says it took seven months to complete.
Hopefully we’ll get an early glimpse of the cover and get that right to you.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found