Feb 5, 2013, 3:50 PM EST
San Francisco sports fans can get rowdy — even ugly. But they generally only go off the deep end following championships. Sunday evening was a relatively quiet in San Francisco, according to police. Only 26 arrests, and nothing very serious. Hey, it’s not like they live in Vancouver.
One man, whom police declined to identify, was arrested on suspicion of arson after he tried to light a Mission District tree on fire after the Niners’ 34-31 defeat, officer Albie Esparza, a police spokesman, said. The man ran from police but was tackled at the intersection of 16th Street and Rondel Place, Esparza said.
Couldn’t he have just poisoned the tree like they do in Alabama? (Guy in photo, buy the way, is not the tree arsonist).
San Francisco police were on high alert following the destructine celebration in some parts of the city following the Giants’ World Series win in October.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found